Meet Steve Astuto, DDS, MSD
Dr. Astuto is a board-certified orthodontist with over 30 years of experience helping patients improve their oral health and achieve a beautiful smile.
About Dr. Astuto
From North Platte, Nebraska, Dr. Astuto knew he wanted to be an orthodontist since he was 11 years old. An excellent problem solver, he recognized orthodontics as a brilliant combination of art and science and enjoys watching complicated cases progress to a beautiful smile.
In 1985, Dr. Astuto became an associate with Dr. J.W. Barnett, a world-famous orthodontist, friend, and mentor. After 5 years, Dr. Astuto bought the practice and has continued to provide exceptional care to patients of all ages ever since. He created a practice that incorporated new technologies, focused on building relationships with patients, and provided fast-paced but individualized treatment.
Dr. Astuto helps patients feel comfortable by building their self-esteem, telling jokes, and always being friendly, honest, caring, and professional. By treating every patient as a person and focusing on their care and comfort, Dr. Astuto and his team achieve outstanding results that change lives for the better.
Education & Residency
Dr. Astuto earned his BA in psychology from Creighton University in 1979. He earned his Doctor in Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from Creighton University Dental School in 1983 and his Master of Science in Dentistry (MSD) from St. Louis University Center for Advanced Dental Education in 1985. Following his education, he completed a cleft palate fellowship at St. Louis University in 1985.
Dr. Astuto is board-certified by the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO). In addition to this prestigious achievement, he is a member of numerous local and national organizations:
- Past President of Panhandle District Dental Society
- Past President of Texas Association of Orthodontics (TAO)
- American College of Dentists (ACD)
- International College of Dentists (ICD)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon - Honorary Dental Society
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Texas Dental Association (TDA)
- Board Member of Financial Services, Inc. (FSI), an affiliate of Texas Dental Association
- Reviewer for the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- Amarillo Cleft Palate Reconstruction Team
Hobbies & Interests
Dr. Astuto is a bit of a daredevil—he has completed 850 skydives, has a black belt in kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and flies an experimental powered parachute!
We look forward to creating healthy, beautiful smiles for you and your family. Contact Full Smile Orthodontics today to get started.